We speak english!

• Zitat

Original von Inu
    I know some British people (one of them is an exchange teacher at my school) and the accent really sounds pretty nasal and... Yeah, gay. Luckily, not everyone in GB has such an accent but most do...

In my opinion, the American English sounds better. I don't mean the ghetto English, that sounds bad wether it is spoken in America or GB. I mean the normal, American English. For me, it sounds more lively and happy-go-lucky (as most Americans are, obviously), whereas the British English sounds so... Hard, or better, keen?

Erm? Happy-go-lucky? Americans in general ain't like this. They are depressive they are violent they got bad health care. It's just gay to be american.

Zitat

Original von Inu
    And just to be the wise-ass: The vegetable is beel pepper, the spice is paprika ^.-

Is wise-ass a real word? Sounds so made up -_-

• @Cookie
    I'm not mad at you. I'm rather thankful for your advice. Improving english is always good. ^^ And you're right. Some vocabularies are really hard to remember. I'm thinking of "brothel-kepper"... *cough* When will I ever need THAT again?
    Aw, that ain't stuff is maybe wrong, but it's,.. kinda funny... ^^' Ahahaha, I know, I'm weird~

• Zitat

Original von Yuufa-san
    @Cookie
    I'm not mad at you. I'm rather thankful for your advice. Improving english is always good. ^^ And you're right. Some vocabularies are really hard to remember. I'm thinking of "brothel-kepper"... *cough* When will I ever need THAT again?
    Aw, that ain't stuff is maybe wrong, but it's,.. kinda funny... ^^' Ahahaha, I know, I'm weird~

I don't know about "brothel-kepper" but you could use "brothel keeper" in some cases if you know what I mean ^^

Yeah "ain't" is stylish =D I like using it a lot =)

• Zitat

Original von Cookie

I don't know about "brothel-kepper" but you could use "brothel keeper" in some cases if you know what I mean ^^

Yeah "ain't" is stylish =D I like using it a lot =)

Ew, I fail at orthography :nion8: Forgive me QoQ~ *cough*

Well, what I like is "dunno" |D~ It's such a funny word, so adorable! :nion32:

• Cookie: The same could be said about Germans, if you look closer... We're depressive, noone shows even the slightest hint of patriotism, our health care system is not much better than theirs and the violance rate keeps increasing with every year...

As for wise-ass... It isn't a real word, but I not made it up either, it's colloquial for a know-it-all.

Yuufa: Maybe you will meet a brothel-kepper (don't you meen keeper?) sometime in the future and he only speaks English? Then you are happy if you understand what a brothel is and won't sign his contract X)

Edit: Mah, I was late... Too bad. But I like the "ain't", too. It could mean so many words, it's funny to guess what's meant =P

• If it's about the americans i'm with inu there. I don't think we're much better when it comes to this points. and to add more, we have much more flaws as it appears. For example the biggest, our bureaucracy. I think this is the most well-known fact about us, so i think we shouldn't badmouth them like that.

oh and for the prejudices, i think u can't count them for everyone as always. I'm sure i have known a lot more americans than u and all of them were nothing like u discribe them. I think this is just disgracing to make u fell better. Or not only u, more like germans alltogether.

sry, that i got a little serious here, but i can't stand someone saying something like this ;P

oh and pls don't worry about the time i wrote this x)
    I'm just getting ready to go to work now ^^

• Have you ever been in America? So many of the people you meet are like I described. Of course not everyone but many.

ut lets put this topic aside ad let's get back to the weather ^^ Today has been an all day rain day >.> No clear sky at all.

• What? Not the weather! When we have an interesting topic like this, we should make use of the chance and start a nice and fair discussion! That's how you treat topics like this in this forum (especially if you're to talk to Kazi and me =P)!

In my opinion, the Americans are mostly happy-go-lucky people. Sure, there are exceptions and there is a rather big number of people who are like you described them, too, but to be fair: So many people live in America, if you count the aggressive and depressive people, that would for sure not be as many as those who you would find in Germany, even if just per percentage.

And like Kazi said, I can't stand prejudices. Everyone has them, I can't not count me in, but you don't have to live according to them. The Americans I met were normal people, maybe a little bit naive, but just as us Germans.

P.S.: The weather is quite nice here, too! It was could this morning, but since noon, it is sunny and rather warm (in the sun, at least). Now... The sky is clear, but the sun has already disappeared from sight...

• To stay on my side of the discussion I'll randomly bring up a fact for you ^^ Every 3rd american has been put in jail at one time. You can google it. And yeah I might have some prejudices but in some way you have to globalize people to charaterize a nation.

Of cource I know Americans that are the total opposite of my typical American still I see the American like said previously.

Hell let alone teir health care system, their war policy and many other different things make me dislike them. And if I dislike ones way of being / doing I look down on them.

• So this is the thread where everyone spoke English must, then I catch at times:

I do not know what to write here, I speak much better German than English, it might be because I can speak English not so good and this is all translated with Google language tool.

P.S: The Google language is doing pretty well

• As for the first sentence google did an aweful job, the rest was "OK".

Why do you know so little english?

• How old are you? Did you not learn english in school?

• Did a reverse google translation:

Ich denke, es könnte sein, weil ich nicht aufmerksam in Englisch, weil ich mich zu lehren Englisch gut selbst.

Both english and german are pretty confusing >.>

• Zitat

Original von Cookie
    Have you ever been in America? So many of the people you meet are like I described. Of course not everyone but many.

No, i haven't yet, but i meet american people at my work so i know a lot of them. Not to mention that i talk to them via internet. I just come to have many contacts ^^

Zitat

Original von Inu
    What? Not the weather! When we have an interesting topic like this, we should make use of the chance and start a nice and fair discussion! That's how you treat topics like this in this forum (especially if you're to talk to Kazi and me =P)!

In my opinion, the Americans are mostly happy-go-lucky people. Sure, there are exceptions and there is a rather big number of people who are like you described them, too, but to be fair: So many people live in America, if you count the aggressive and depressive people, that would for sure not be as many as those who you would find in Germany, even if just per percentage.

And like Kazi said, I can't stand prejudices. Everyone has them, I can't not count me in, but you don't have to live according to them. The Americans I met were normal people, maybe a little bit naive, but just as us Germans.

what the heck is "happy-go-lucky"? I want to make an exception here, pls discribe in german what u mean with that. I agree with u one all the other parts, but maybe i wouldn't have used a double negation there ^^

Zitat

Original von Cookie
    To stay on my side of the discussion I'll randomly bring up a fact for you ^^ Every 3rd american has been put in jail at one time. You can google it. And yeah I might have some prejudices but in some way you have to globalize people to charaterize a nation.

Of cource I know Americans that are the total opposite of my typical American still I see the American like said previously.

Hell let alone teir health care system, their war policy and many other different things make me dislike them. And if I dislike ones way of being / doing I look down on them.

I googeld it, but couldn't find an article discribing this. Well, it's not like i don't believe u, more like i wasn't sure if u can believe this article.
    Sure u can use this to characterize a nation, but for me it looked like u are bad-mouthing them cause u only discribed things that are well known things that we use to look down on the americans.

Believe me, most of them are not proud of it either, but to change this it takes time so i'm curious in which way the american people will change.

@Fairy-Tail-Light: Please don't use the google translation here for whole sentences ^^'
    Just try urself and ask us to correct your mistakes. I think u will learn english language better if u do that.

• Light: Like Kazi said, the Google translation is a rather...bad way to translate something. Just write as you think it should be, even if you're wrong, it doesn't matter. We're no professionals either.

Cookie: Same as Kazi here... It may be that so many American people were in jail once, but I would like to see you source for this. It just sounds too unbelievable. Nothing against you, this is just my mandatory disbelief ^^"

Kazi: Don't you know what happy-go-lucky means? Well, I mean that to me, the Americans (there, again, I generalise them...) are somewhat naive, as most of them believe in their country, in their leader, in their system and just don't care about the things that are going on in the world around them, at least when they are not directly affected.

• Whazzzup?

I don't know why I wrote this but it feels lol xD

mhm

how are you @ all?

Master? Did you have a great day?

• Do you know this video? A really nice parody of the original commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUJofw-xCPA

Master? Now that's something I could come to terms with... Tehe. But it's really nice of you to ask me. I had a great day, if you exclude the endurance run at freezing temperatures, got back my "Facharbeit" and was praised for my article for the FAZ.

How about you?